~ OUR POLICIES ~
In order to ensure each bird is placed in the right home and that each placement is as smooth and well-suited as possible:
1. Candidates must submit a completed adoption application form.
2. Candidates will be screened and their home will be investigated in person.
3. A bird cannot be adopted by a person for whom that bird shows an obvious dislike.
4. No person is allowed to adopt a bird before completing all required pre-placement visits.
5. We cannot guarantee a bird will not bite.
6. Within 48 hours of the adoption, you must notify Jojo the Grey Adoption and Rescue for Birds Inc. with an update on the bird either via phone or email.
7. Post-placement in-home visits are required at one month and two months.
8. Adoption fees and donations are NON-REFUNDABLE.
9. The adoption is not final until all the visit requirements are fulfilled to the satisfaction of Jojo the Grey Adoption and Rescue for Birds Inc.
10. Birds that are adopted need time for adjustment in their new home. We require that if you decide to adopt or purchase another bird, this is not done until at least six months after this adoption.
11. If you adopt a bird and find you can no longer keep it, it MUST be returned to the rescue. It cannot be gifted to another person or family after the adoption from Jojo the Grey Adoption and Rescue for Birds Inc. unless it is stipulated in the adoption application form that this is a gift. If the bird is a gift and the recipient can no longer keep it, it MUST be returned to the rescue.
12. We do not breed, buy, or sell parrots. Our primary goal is to provide a second chance for companion parrots.
If you find an
Grey Adoption and Rescue for Birds Inc.